Among the most common institutional challenges facing relief and development organizations are to document effectively their activities and to develop highly saleable proposals for donor funding. These challenges have further resulted in limited capacity for resource mobilization in many organizations. Therefore, to bridge this capacity gap, we have planned to conduct this training in light of the current competitive and challenging funding environment.
The following objectives are planned to be achieved by the end of the training:
- To enhance the capacity of trainees to develop highly competitive project proposal for donor funded projects.
- To increase the ability of trainees to generate and compile high quality technical reports.
- To create a forum for practising project proposal development and report writing skills.
- Introduction to resource mobilization principles and practices.
- A snapshot of the current funding environment for non profit organizations.
- Relevance of strong proposals and quality reports in a competitive scenario.
- Basic proposal elements, proposal formats and proposal summary.
- Needs assessment, project design frameworks, problem statement, problem justification, project goals and objectives setting, project output and outcomes, project strategy and approaches and project implementation planning.
- Monitoring and evaluation framework and plan.
- Organizational frameworks.
- Elements of a good budget.
- Importance of quality reporting in a competitive funding environment.
- Determining suitable reporting for different audiences.
- Key elements of technical reporting.
- Monthly progress reports, activity reports, routine reports, field trip reports and meetings reports.
Language of instruction
Programme staff of humanitarian and development agencies including project managers, officers and assistants.
The training delivery method includes interactive online sessions, PowerPoint presentations, articles, documentaries, quizzes and assessments.
The training cost is US$ 350 and it covers the tuition fees, learning materials and certification. Further information will be provided upon inquiry.
Tailor-made training option
We can provide your organization a tailor-made training with similar content but addressing your specific needs. In case you want to explore this option, you can contact us to share with you a proposal for that training.